1 smoked sausage link, finely-chopped
4-6 medium to large jalapenos
1/8 cup cottage cheese
1/8 cup fat free sour cream
2 tbsp greek yogurt (strain if runny)
1/8 cup salsa
shredded cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, gouda, or your favorite)
black pepper and salt, as needed
(1) Cut jalapenos in half, length-wise. Using a spoon, scrape out the insides of jalapenos and save in a medium-sized mixing bowl. (Note: if you don’t want these two spicy, these contents can be discarded.)
(2) Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
(3) Add to the mixing bowl the diced sausage, cottage cheese, sour cream, greek yogurt and salsa. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
(4) Spoon the contents of the mixing bowl into each jalapeno half. Top with shredded cheese.
(5) Bake jalapenos for 20 min in the oven or until slightly browned at the edges.
(6) Remove stuffed jalapenos from oven and allow to cool 5 min before enjoying.
This recipe is fantastic if you need an appetizer for a party or a potluck. We just couldn't stop popping them in our mouths once this got out of oven. Enjoy the spicy goodness.