Friday, July 2, 2010

Taste test - Nature's Pride Harvest buns and rolls

On a recent trip to North Carolina (my last visit before I completely move there), I had an extra pleasant treat. As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program, I received Nature's Pride Premium Harvest buns & rolls. With some proscuitto and melon on hand, I decided to make a quick sandwich and test out both the texture and taste of the Whole Wheat Harvest buns. I was pleasantly surprised that the buns held up to the weight and juiciness of the melon but were also very mild in taste, not to overpower the protein on the bun.


The sandwich was an easy combination of cantelope, proscuitto, mixed salad greens, and dijon mustard. 

Did I mention how much I love the simplicity but also the taste complexity of a sandwich...


My fiancĂ© also recently made a delicious take on a burger: 


Spicy Turkey Burgers with Asparagus


The asparagus is mixed in with the beef. Let me know what combinations you come up with!



No comments:

Post a Comment