Sunday, March 6, 2011

A wine complement: Bacon-wrapped Shrimp

For a recent wine tasting event, featuring red wines from Pinots to Sparkling ones, I prepared a quick and easy pairing. I was excited that it was a hit. Did I mention how easy it was. Check out this recipe and try it for your next gathering.



Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp

Ingredients

Turkey Bacon (Jennie-O or Butterball)
Medium-sized Shrimp (frozen)
Red Pepper Flakes
No-salt added Season Blend (Trader Joe's)

Recipe:
(1) Spray a baking sheet with canola oil. Preheat oven to 350F.
(2) Cut turkey bacon into halves or thirds.
(3) Wrap shrimp with the turkey bacon, with the ends tucked underneath.
(4) Assemble wrapped shrimp on a tray.
(5) Dash red pepper flakes and seasoning blend to your liking.
(6) Bake for 20-30 min until you have reached your desired level of crispiness.

I loved this dish paired with a Pinot Noir. I also work with Chatham Hill winery and I know their Riesling would be awesome with this. Give it a try and let me know what you think ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment