Thursday, October 10, 2013

Quick Chicken Pot Pie

This has been a whirlwind. From July through now, I have been transitioning into my new job. My time to devote to all things creative and delicious has been quite limited. Nevertheless, despite my excuses, I have managed to pull off a few quick dinners and baked goods.

I will do my best to recap, but here is one dish that I completed in a matter of minutes, using some quick thinking with a growling belly, leftover rotisserie chicken, vegetables that needed some love, and a huge biscuit sitting precariously in the refrigerator. To prepare something hearty and delicious, I came up with a quick 10-min Chicken Pot Pie. I highly recommend. My husband seemed to love it as he scarfed the entire thing down and relaxed back in the chair with a grin on his face.



Ingredients:

1/4 Rotisserie Chicken
1/2 carrot, diced
1/2 onion, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken stock (I used Trader Joe's concentrate)
1 large biscuit


Recipe:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

2. Cut up the rotisserie chicken into small cubes and set aside. Also, chop vegetables including, onion, celery, and carrot.

3. Saute vegetables in a small frying pan until slightly browned.

4. Add chicken stock and bring to a simmer.

5. Add diced chicken to pot, keeping temperature med-to-low.

6. Pour mixture into dish of choice.

7. Cover with biscuit that has been sliced horizontally.

8. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.

Enjoy the savory goodness. Smile, grin, sit-back...

No comments:

Post a Comment