Thursday, October 10, 2013
Quick Chicken Pot Pie
I will do my best to recap, but here is one dish that I completed in a matter of minutes, using some quick thinking with a growling belly, leftover rotisserie chicken, vegetables that needed some love, and a huge biscuit sitting precariously in the refrigerator. To prepare something hearty and delicious, I came up with a quick 10-min Chicken Pot Pie. I highly recommend. My husband seemed to love it as he scarfed the entire thing down and relaxed back in the chair with a grin on his face.
1/4 Rotisserie Chicken
1/2 carrot, diced
1/2 onion, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken stock (I used Trader Joe's concentrate)
1 large biscuit
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cut up the rotisserie chicken into small cubes and set aside. Also, chop vegetables including, onion, celery, and carrot.
3. Saute vegetables in a small frying pan until slightly browned.
4. Add chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
5. Add diced chicken to pot, keeping temperature med-to-low.
6. Pour mixture into dish of choice.
7. Cover with biscuit that has been sliced horizontally.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
Enjoy the savory goodness. Smile, grin, sit-back...