I am huge chocolate lover. It totally melts in my mouth not in my hand.
To satisfy my chocolate craving and also use some ripe bananas, I decided to experiment with a quick-bread recipe. If you want a quick and easy baking recipe, check out this one. I was impressed that it was light and fluffy, while being very healthy.
Chocolate Banana Quick Bread
1 1⁄2 cups whole-grain pastry flour
1/2 cup wheat bran or flaxmeal
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
4 tablespoons granular sugar substitute
1 tablespoon agave nectar
1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1 1⁄4 cups almond milk (or non-fat milk)
1 large egg + 1 egg white, lightly beaten
1 ripe banana, mashed
3 tablespoons canola oil
1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
(1) Heat oven to 350ฐF.
(2) Spray a 9 x 5 loaf pan with canola oil.
(3) Combine flour, flaxmeal, cocoa powder, sugar substitute, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
(4) Combine milk, eggs, oil, agave nectar, banana, 1/2 cup walnuts, and vanilla in another mixing bowl. Reserve the remaining walnuts for topping.
(5) Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix just to combine; do not overmix!! (This is important because the more you mix, the more gluten forms, and the harder the bread will be.)
(6) Top with reserved walnuts.
(6) Bake for 35-40 minutes. Cool and serve.