I recently had a serious craving for the sweet and savory combination like that of Moroccan-influenced food. Recently, as part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program, I received some whole wheat Arnold Sandwich Thins. In order to satisfy my craving and taste-test these buns, I decided to make Moroccan chicken sandwiches.
Moroccan Chicken Sandwich
1 cup chicken breast, sliced
1 pimento pepper, diced
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic, freshly minced
1/2 cup onions, chopped
olive oil spray
1/4 cup cucumber sliced
(1) Marinate chicken with all of the listed spices: pimento, onion, oregano, apple cider vinegar, cinnamon, cumin, garlic salt, paprika, and black pepper
(2) Spray a medium saucepan with olive oil. On medium heat, saute chopped onions and garlic until slightly browned. Remove and set aside.
(3) In the same pan, add the marinated chicken. Saute until cooked thoroughly.
(4) Meanwhile, toast the sandwich buns.
(5) Assemble sandwiches with all of the condiments, to your liking.
These were delicious. I served them open-faced to keep it low-carb but a closed sandwich, maybe even with smoked gouda would be fantastic. Enjoy!