Friday, February 19, 2010

Flavorful Jalapeno Meatloaf: Guest Blogger

Even across the country, I can smell the delicious aroma of this spicy meatloaf. My fiancé, who knows how to finesse meat into tender, juicy entreés, made this turkey meatloaf recently. I heart meatloaf because you can make enough for lunch or dinner for the week. Also, leftovers, if there are any, can be frozen. Since my fiancé and I are currently long-distance, I am excited to have his recipe in my hands.
__________________

cJ's Jalapeno Meatloaf
Adapted from cdkitchen.com

I wanted to create one of momma’s favorites, so I decided to cook up the award winning Quaker Oats Meatloaf (with a few adaptations, of course). The below recipe is quick, easy and “fool proof”.


Ingredients:
1.5 pounds ground lean turkey (lightly sprinkled with garlic salt, seasoning salt, black pepper and sonaran seasoning)
1 cup of quaker oats, uncooked
1 cup of chopped red onions
1 cup of tomato sauce/ketchup (I used a combination of a homemade tomato sauce and a bit of ketchup to bring the total volume to 1 cup)
1 egg, beaten


Recipe:
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix, mix and mix until you have evenly coated mixture.
Form and pack into a tight “loaf” in a pyrex container (ungreased)
Place in a preheated stove (350°F)
Bake for 1 hr 15 minutes
Let stand for 5 minutes prior to serving


This recipe can be adapted to your liking by adding any of your favorite mixins (i.e. garlic, carrots, asparagus, bell pepper, etc). If you do not have access to ground turkey, you can substitute this with 93% ground beef. Next time, I plan to use a habanero; stay tuned…

cJ

No comments:

Post a Comment